So what happened today was I tried to use my diskgo thumb drive in my vista virtualbox on ubuntu and it was greyed out.
I found how to fix that on the ubuntu forum (thanks again ubuntu forum) ... worked like a charm!
I did this:
- In the host (Karmic 9.10 for example), System->Administration->Users and Groups
- Click on the Keys Icon (to right of Help) and give your password.
- Select (highlight) your normal user line (the one with /home/xxx)
- Click Manage Groups.
- In the Groups settings List Box, navigate down to vboxusers
- With vboxusers high lighted, click properties
- Click the check box next to your normal user to indicate you want the normal user to be a member of the vboxusers group.
- reboot the host.