Wednesday, December 9, 2009

12/7/09 I switched to Ubuntu

I made the switch on Dec 7th. I was going to set up dual boot first, but I really love playing online texas holdem that runs better in windows. I know, use wine ...

Well, I tried that with my dual boot at first and it really wasn't good at running the program.

I was reading how to fix this problem at the Ubuntu forums when I saw a post saying, "just use virtualbox"

I went investigating futher and thought I would give it a try. As of today, I have everything up and running. Ubuntu 9.10 karmic koala with a virtualbox running vista on a 2gb dell xps laptop.

So far so good, I played poker tonight and it played very nicely. I did trim down the vista in the virtual box to use the least resources possible.

But, I am loving my new set up so far. I thought I would make this blog to share my Ubuntu/Virtualbox experiences.

Leave a post and share yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment