Friday, April 9, 2010

firefox uninterruptible

OH MY GOODNESS

firefox has been a pain in my rump. I think my profile got corrupted so it kept greying out and saying firefox uninterruptible and firefox was already started bs message

I tried all these

firefox -safe-mode
still would not start

I uninstalled firefox and reinstalled it through my synaptics package manager

it still wouldn't start

gksudo firefox ... only though this command line it started


firefox -ProfileManager so I created a new profile and all seems good now, with the updated namoroka on ubuntu

Lesson learned: back up the dang profile

THIS PAGE HELPED ME

PS, I should have backed up earlier as it was greying out every so often getting slowly worse ... up to the point where it wouldn't start at all

No comments:

Post a Comment